Fauquier County Pickleball Association (FCPA)
FCPA Annual Meeting, Vint Hill Village Green
October 28, 2016
A quorum was present, making this an official meeting. There were 21 members were present. Bob recognized the board members for their work, and Ralph Tapp for managing the outdoor season.
FCPA ordered five copies of the new quarterly Pickleball Magazine:
-One copy for a member who was a significant donor
-Four copies to distribute to Fauquier Parks & Rec Department, FCPA members increased visibility of pickleball and our association.
Wednesday night pickleball at Vint Hill, from 8:00 to 10:00 PM, continues. Not heavily populated, but enough players for pickleball.
FCPA has committed to the first Saturday night of each month for social pickleball from 6:00 – 9:00 PM. Fee is $5.00. Bring a snack to share.
A 5% discount is available to members at Pickleball Central. FCPA will receive a credit equal to the amount of the discounts granted to our members.
The board met with Fauquier County Parks & Rec Dept. representative to the Northern Virginia Senior Olympics to propose that we use Vint Hill as part of Senior Olympics for pickleball.
Auburn School pickleball lines were not repainted due to poor late spring and early weather conditions. It will be rescheduled for early summer 2017.
Membership fee to remain $10 per person for 2017, the treasurer will start collecting fees for in February 2017.
Our liability insurance policy costs $325 per year. Covers 58+ members. The cost will increase in 2017, due to the increase in members.
A new floor will be installed at Vint Hill Community Center the week of November 14, 2016
Member Joyce Najjar, thanked the board for their efforts.
NEW: Effective October 1, 2016, Pickleball the first SATURDAY evening of each month, 6 – 9 PM In doors, Vint Hill Community Center. See schedule for details.
- Board MeetingFebruary 10, 2016 Minutes
In attendance: Keith Gardner, Susan Ramey, Bob Najjar, Linda Fortunato, Scott Small, Randy Mantiply
- Evening play on Wednesdays at Vint Hill will begin on February 17th (8:00 to 10:00 PM).
- Two Saturday evening “round robin” socials at Vint Hill were approved. Each player will be assessed $10.00 since these events will be held after the facility’s normal closing hours.
- We are looking for sponsors to defray the cost of the annual “liability insurance” as well as other expenses.
- The annual membership fees for 2016 was set at $10 per person.
- Keith Gardner to form Social Committee.
- Scott Small, Chm. Publicity Committee.
- Bob and Susan to prepare budget for 2016.
- For 2016, our “outdoor” reserved schedule will be: M&W – 5 pm to 8:30 pm; SA – 8:00 am to Noon.